Tuesday, August 3, 2010

self-portrait with ethnic food


I look better with some bacon and grits (with SYRUP!!).





The 115 degree heat index, with actual temperatures around 101, has made me as much of a shut-in as I'm able to be. Convenience stores and take-out have become my sources of sustenance. My trash was so stuffed with styrofoam containers, energy drink aluminum, and fatty snack wrappers that anyone happening to wander in might assume a small herd of video game programmers lives here.
This week I am made of hummus and stuffed grape leaves, pico de gallo and jalapenos, hamachi and seaweed salad, beer from four different countries, Red Bull and Monster, and M&M's and Reese's Cup ice cream. If I don't buy groceries soon, I fear what might be next. Redi-Whip straight from the can? Ramen Noodle? Indian food??! 8-/

*waiting for fall with my head in the freezer (which is empty except for tater tots)*

2 comments:

  1. You better go get groceries tomorrow. Indian food could dehydrate you further...if you catch my drift. ;)

    Hahaaa..

    ReplyDelete