Thursday, August 19, 2010

green M&M's

I work with crazy people.
It's a fact.
Unfortunately, this likely means I'm ALSO crazy, but I still say that the fact that I can recognize THEIR craziness is proof that I'm at least relatively sane. Really. Go ahead..give me a Rorschach test. That one is a pretty butterfly, not roadkill in the sun...and that one..hmm.. Definitely a baby sea lion, NOT someone running along the beach dressed like a banana. Those are daisies, not a trunk-full of AK-47's.
(Did I pass?? *eyetwitch*)

With our new, M&M-green shirts, we definitely look a bit more suspect. In fact, we've even been eating more M&M's. Subconscious hunger-identification? Freudian feeding?
For this entire week, we've been in the clutches of a lingering tropical depression, which decided it likes us SO much, it shared several inches of rain. Most of this was dispensed very slowly and sporadically as drizzle and mist, with occasional, brief downpours, so that we could also have the pleasure of working in it. My feet and entire body have been wet for more than 8 hours a day for the last four days. Sweat and rain and mud, oh my. I feel like a gigantic prune. I love air conditioning. I love long showers. I love dry clothing.
I'd make a TERRIBLE snail. (Except for the mobile home part...that's SO convenient.)

As we progress into the worst time for hurricanes (August through October), I'm thinking we might not be lucky this year. It's been two years, and prior to that it was only three. Russian roulette with Mother Nature leaves me nervous and irritable.
Where are my M&M's!?
If we get a bad storm, I have to work 6 days a week, 10 hours or so a day, in very close proximity to ALL my coworkers...then I likely get to return home to no air conditioning, no long shower, and no dry clothes, bedding, air, anything. Imagine sleeping in a sauna. I will also drink too much beer and have to eat cold ravioli from a can again. 8-/
I need non-tropical vibes sent my way. And maybe some color-safe bleach.

No comments:

Post a Comment