Sunday, August 8, 2010

moon, moon, moon...


When I was a much shorter and more sensible person, I actually thought the moon followed me. I know that lots of kids (and, hell..maybe some adults, too) think this. It isn't uncommon. I REALLY believed it, though, until I started reading astronomy books and encyclopedias. The truth was immensely depressing, but it made sense. I mean, WHY would the moon pick ME to follow anyway? Surely there were other more important and interesting people out there for it to occupy its time with. Other people doing more exciting things with their time than Lego cities and epic Star Wars battles.
So I accepted that I was not special.
The older I get, though, I have to wonder... The above picture was taken last Monday night using my cell phone. I actually pulled over to take it, so that it might join 100 other photos of the Louisiana sky I've been collecting for almost two years now. It didn't look very blue with the naked eye. What happened?
It followed me home and all the next day. What do the books know, anyway? ;)

2 comments: