Tuesday, December 1, 2009

like a Scottish spring...

It is actually cold (for south Louisiana) and raining..and misting...and foggy...then drizzly...then light rain...more drizzle...sideways rain. And wind. The sun almost comes out now and then.
It's fun.
But..I have the day off, so..
I'm trying to focus on recalling my time in Scotland, so as not to be as irritated or depressed. A mud storm would have been not only tolerable, but very much enjoyed, if it occured while in Scotland. It helps me pass the time...remembering.
I need to go back sometime. There are places that you visit, or even just pass through, that just feel like a part of you..almost like deja-vu, but more like walking back into your childhood home as an adult and knowing you belong there no matter what. It's familiar in an unconscious and deeply rooted way.
New Orleans, West Virginia as a whole, Austin, TX, and Scotland were like that. Everywhere I went in Scotland..the least of which Edinburgh, but it was still tangible. Paris was close..in the quiet places..in the sidewalk cafes..sitting in the grass, barefoot, across from the gardens around the Eiffel Tower with hundreds of other people, all camped out on blankets with food and wine..beer..music both live and passing in the traffic and pedestrians...just to watch the sunset. In Paris.
I will be more Bohemian when I go back there. ;)
Hell..I'll be Bohemian everywhere it suits me. Because I can.
*grin*

And now...into the Louisiana fall/Scottish spring.
I should visit a cafe....

No comments:

Post a Comment